Conflicts of Interest
A conflict of interest can be defined as "a set of circumstances by which a reasonable person would consider that an individual's ability to apply judgement or act, in the context of delivering, commissioning, or assuring taxpayer funded health and care services is, or could be, impaired or influenced by another interest they hold".
Our Conflict of Interest policy is designed to ensure that potential conflicts are identified and managed appropriately. You can find our policy here.
All members of the CCG Governing Body and CCG staff must declare any interests they have that might conceivably conflict with their work in the CCG. These are recorded in our Register of Interest. You can find our most up to date Register here.
Our Conflicts of Interest Guardian is Roger Eastwood, who sits on our Governing Body.
The role of the Conflicts of Interest Guardian, with support from the Board Secretary is to:
- Act as a conduit for GP practice staff, members of the public and healthcare professionals who have any concerns with regards to conflicts of interest:
- Be a safe point of contact for employees or workers of the CCG to raise any concerns in relation to this policy:
- Support the rigorous application of conflict of interest principles and policies;
- Provide independent advice and judgment where there is any doubt about how to apply conflicts of interest policies and principles in an individual situation;
- Provide advice on minimising the risks of conflicts of interest.
If you wish to discuss a potential conflict of interest for the CCG, please contact Roger by emailing him at Roger.Eastwood@swlondon.nhs.uk.
On 16 June 2017, NHS England published revised statutory guidance on managing conflicts of interest for CCGs. We are in the process of reviewing our policy in light of this guidance. Please refer to page 7 of the NHS England document for a summary of the main changes from previous guidance. You can view it directly, here.
Should our policy change, we will publish the updated document on this website.
Our Register of Interests and Register of Hospitality can both be found here.
You can find our Register of procurement decisions and contracts awarded here.