​​​Freedom of information​

At NHS Croydon Clinical Commissioning Group, we are committed to being open and transparent with you. The Freedom of Information Act 2000 or FOI Act gives members of the public a right to request access to all types of recorded information held by public authorities, promoting a culture of openness and accountability across the public sector.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

What should I do before I request information from NHS Croydon CCG?

Check whether the information you seek is already available. NHS Croydon CCG publishes information on this website and you may well find the answer to your question is already here. If you request information from NHS Croydon CCG that is already published, we will simply refer you to the published source.

Who can request information?

Anyone, anywhere in the world, can make a freedom of information request to NHS Croydon CCG.

What can I request?

You can seek any recorded information that you think NHS Croydon CCG may hold. If the information is environmental, we will respond according to the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 (EIR). You do not have to know whether the information you want is covered by the EIR or the FOI Act. When you make a request, we will decide which law applies.

If the information is your own personal data, then you should make a subject access request under the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), and not under the FOI Act.

How do I request information?

Your request must be in writing and can be either posted or emailed to nelcsu.foi@nhs.net or post to:

Freedom of Information Team,
1 Lower Marsh,
You will receive an acknowledgement by email shortly and a full reply within twenty working days.

What information must I include in my request?

The FOI Act requires certain information to be supplied before Croydon CCG can respond to your request:
  • your real name – we do not have to respond to requests submitted under a pseudonym;
  • your address (email addresses are acceptable);
  • a description of the information you wish to obtain.

What can I do if I am unhappy with the reply I receive or the way my request was handled?

If you feel your request for information hasn’t been dealt with satisfactorily, then in the first instance please write to the FOI manager for an internal review at nelcsu.foi@nhs.net or at the postal address above.

Publication Scheme

Go to our Publications page to view our key documents and policies.​