Volunteer with us
There are many ways you can get involved with your local healthcare system. These opportunities include:
- Attending our engagement events. You can find out more about these here.
- On-line surveys
- Patient working groups on service specific areas e.g. Musculo-Skeletal services
- We require participants to apply to sit on these working groups. If you would like to get involved, you can find an application form and more information here.
- Patient reps on service specific steering groups i.e. Together for Health
- Public meetings around services – dates and times available on our website
If you have any further questions, please email email@example.com or call 0203 668 1384.
Roy Simpson, a Patient Representative for NHS Croydon CCG talking about his work with the CCG
What skills and knowledge do I need to volunteer with NHS Croydon CCG?
- An interest in health and healthcare services
- The ability to relate to and engage with different people and communities across Croydon
- A commitment to equal opportunities
- An interest in working with patients and members of the public
- Good listening and communication skills
- The ability to maintain accurate written records
If you are interesting in volunteering but not sure if you have the right experience of knowledge of local care services we will provide training and support to help you.
Training and Support
Everyone who volunteers with us will be offered an indication meeting where you will learn more about Croydon's Health and Care organisations, the structure of the NHS and the roles and responsibilities of the CCG. We will also provide suitable training to support you throughout your time volunteering with us.
You will be offered dedicated support on all practical issues such as help with claiming expenses, accessing meeting papers, support during meetings, answering queries and any additional advice as needed.
Other ways to get involved
If you are restricted on the time you can commit, we still want to hear from you! Please click here to find out more about the Croydon CCG Virtual Health Network.
You can also get involved at your local GP surgery, to find out more, please go