There is a wide range of local health services available in Croydon if people find they need medical help.
- Treat yourself at home: For minor injuries and illnesses people can treat themselves with a well-stocked medicine cupboard and first aid materials.
- Pharmacy First: Pharmacies can assess your needs, give advice and treat a variety of illnesses. There are 73 pharmacies in Croydon, so there is bound to be one close by.
- NHS 111: This is the new non-emergency NHS telephone service for people who need urgent health advice but it is not an emergency.
- Contact your GP: If you have long standing medical problem or a recent illness that is not getting better your GP practice can help you. When your GP is closed, dial 111 and they will help you if you need to speak to or see a doctor.
- GP Hubs and urgent care centres are an ideal alternative if you have a minor illness, including infection, that is not life threatening but you would like to see someone urgently. You can book an appointment at a GP Hub through 111 and they also offer facilities for those without an appointment (although you may have to wait).
- Remember dialling 999 or going to A&E should only be done in a critical or life threatening situation.
CarePlace, a new directory of services is now available.
Careplace provides information about care and community services and details of registered care and support.
Through CarePlace, councils across London are empowering communities to have a greater say in the care they receive
The service is free to use by anybody. The aim is for it to be a valuable resource for the residents of Croydon and the people helping them.
Visit https://www.careplace.org.uk/ for more information and to browse the resources available
Services, organisation and community groups wishing to add themselves to the directory can do so by registering online at https://www.careplace.org.uk/RequestLogin
Do you need help to use the directory or want to provide feedback?
If you require help using the CarePlace directory or have feedback, please email CarePlace@ageukcroydon.org.uk or phone 020 3701 3268. Please note: This email address and phone number are not for advice about care services.
50 plus online forum
This is the free online café for people 50 years old and upwards, where you can connect and chat to like-minded people online, among many other things. It addresses the needs of people who are getting older and want to continue to be active contributing members of society.
- build relationships through joining free online forums and make new friends
- find jobs tailored to those aged 50 and over
- find what's available to you from your local NHS and other health services
- discover other facilities and opportunities in your area
If you're feeling isolated, the 50 plus café provides a place for you to begin reconnecting with your peer group for exciting new opportunities. Bring your own tea or coffee and come in and join the conversation with your local online community for friendship and support.
You can access the website at the link below:
Please note, NHS Croydon CCG cannot take responsibility for pages maintained by external providers and for information contained on external links from this website.