Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) provides carers and their families with free confidential advice, information and support.
PALS has a commitment to:
- Help you to resolve healthcare problems quickly, or act on your behalf
- Offer advice and guidance regarding healthcare concerns and health issues
- Help you to find local support groups and voluntary services
- Put you in touch with independent advocacy services
- Receive any feedback on the quality of health services you have received
- Use your feedback to improve local health services
- Offer information and advice on making a complaint.
- Be open and accessible
- Resolve concerns quickly
- Treat everyone with respect and sensitivity
- Offer a confidential service
- Be responsive to your views.
PALS will discuss the options available to you if you have concerns about the services commissioned by Croydon Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). They will support you to resolve those concerns and respect your right to confidentiality at all times.
If your concern is about healthcare you received at a hospital you may wish to contact the hospital who provided the care.
If your concern is about GPs, dentists, pharmacies and opticians please contact NHS England: email@example.com or telephone 0300 311 2233.
PALS can also give you advice on how to make a complaint.
PALS are not medical teams. If you have an immediate health problem please call NHS 111 or contact your GP.
The NEL Commissioning Support Unit (NEL CSU) runs the PALS service on behalf of NHS Croydon CCG.
Telephone: 0800 4561517 (Monday to Friday 9am-5pm)
If no one is available to take your call please leave a message on the answer phone and we will ring you back.
Write to: NEL CSU Complaints Team
1 Lower Marsh
London SE1 7NT
How we use your comments/concerns
Comments or concerns received are logged and regular feedback provided to the CCG. Feedback is used to take actions to improve services provided to the public.
Healthwatch is the first point of contact for anyone with an issue, question or enquiry related to healthcare in Croydon.